Interested in spending a few days relaxing, in nature’s lap; and/or indulging in trekking/hiking, rafting, horse-riding, golfing, skiing, nature-photography of the best of picturesque Himalayas? Yes, COME TO PAHALGAM. Or equally, come here for plain simple family fun, or even honeymooning.
Horseback riding for the kids. Barefoot walks for mom and dad in green mountain meadows. Alpine streams perfect for swimming and water fights between overheated children. Golf. Amusement Park. River Rafting.
The hottest destination for Indian families trying to escape blistering summer heat? Pahalgam, in Kashmir.
Check about Amarnath Yatra 2011 here.
Check latest 2012 schedule and updates about JIMWS – Jawahar Institute of Mountaineering and Winter Sports
CHECK THE LINKS IN BLOGROLL SECTION BELOW (ON THE LEFT) FOR DETAILED INFORMATION ON PAHALGAM. ALTERNATIVELY, YOU CAN GO TO THE OLD VERSION OF THIS SITE HERE
- Have your own experiences to share? Wish to contribute on this site with write ups on Pahalgam and Kashmir? You are welcome to join – register here. (No comments of personal nature, please!)
If you would call Kashmir one of the most beautiful places on Earth, you would picture the lakes and gardens of Srinagar, the flora and slopes of Gulmarg
Pahalgam is situated at an altitude of 2,133 metres amidst lofty deodars, fir, pine, junipers and many other conifers. The place gets lively during the tourist months of the summer, as well as during the weeks before the Amarnath Yatra, as the base for a big annual pilgrimage to a cave of an ‘ice-lingam’.
There is something about the pure and re-vitalizing air of Pahalgam. Perhaps dense pine and cedar forests make it oxygen rich. Limited accessibility combined with limited telecom connectivity make it an ideal getaway from the grind of daily life and professional stress.
The town is at the junction of the Aru and Sheshnag Rivers and surrounded by soaring, fir-covered mountains with bare, snow-capped peaks rising behind them. The Aru flows down from the Kolahoi glacier beyond Lidderwat while the Sheshnag from glaciers along the great Himalayas.
Here you can check for details on travel to Pahalgam, Airline Deals and Tickets, Hotel bookings, history of Kashmir, kashmir map, kashmir shaivism, kashmir goat, kashmir sapphire, kashmir picture, kashmir tourism, kashmir music, etc.
Latest Post From Each Category
- Aru - meadows and skiing: Keep Aru in your Itinerary - May 20th, 2012
- Kolahoi - trek to Glacier: Keep Aru in your Itinerary - May 20th, 2012
- Trekking & Camping: Keep Aru in your Itinerary - May 20th, 2012
- Lodging: Pahalgam - Hotel and Lodging Options - May 20th, 2012
- Road Projects: Kargil-Pahalgam Road? - March 12th, 2012
- Hot issues: Kargil-Pahalgam Road? - March 12th, 2012
- Amarnath Yatra: Amarnath Yatra 2011 - May 9th, 2011
- Pahalgam News: Stay indoors - two leopards flee from Pahalgam zoo - March 20th, 2011
- Bollywood shootings: Ranbir Kapoor in Pahalgam - February 23rd, 2011
- Excursions: Breathtaking Baisaran & Lake Tulian (Tulyan) in Pahalgam - February 14th, 2011
- Baisaran - tekking and skiing: Breathtaking Baisaran & Lake Tulian (Tulyan) in Pahalgam - February 14th, 2011
- Activities: Breathtaking Baisaran & Lake Tulian (Tulyan) in Pahalgam - February 14th, 2011
- Pony Rides: Breathtaking Baisaran & Lake Tulian (Tulyan) in Pahalgam - February 14th, 2011
- Travel: Breathtaking Baisaran & Lake Tulian (Tulyan) in Pahalgam - February 14th, 2011
- Winter Sports: Winter Snow festival in Pahalgam - February 1st, 2011
- JIMWS: Mountaineering institute to aid in Cave Climb - July 12th, 2010
- Tourist Information: Its cold in Pahalgam - with power shortage - June 1st, 2010
- Weather: Its cold in Pahalgam - with power shortage - June 1st, 2010
- River Rafting: River Rafting in Pahalgam - 2010 Status Update - April 19th, 2010
- Amusement Park: Amusement park to be shifted from Pahalgam? - April 19th, 2010
- Bureaucracy: Construction of high-rise buildings in Pahalgam - December 20th, 2009
- Political Leadership: Local issue - Golf or Grazing? Or just Politics? - July 12th, 2009
- Golf: Local issue - Golf or Grazing? Or just Politics? - July 12th, 2009
- Chandanwari: What is Betaab Valley? - February 19th, 2009
- Education: Army Goodwill School at Liddar, Pahalgam - November 13th, 2008
- History: Kashmiri (Neolithic Man) appeared around 2700 BC at Pahalgam (pit-civilization) - September 22nd, 2007