Interested in spending a few days relaxing, in nature’s lap; and/or indulging in trekking/hiking, rafting, horse-riding, golfing, skiing, nature-photography of the best of picturesque Himalayas? Yes, COME TO PAHALGAM. Or equally, come here for plain simple family fun, or even honeymooning.
Horseback riding for the kids. Barefoot walks for mom and dad in green mountain meadows. Alpine streams perfect for swimming and water fights between overheated children. Golf. Amusement Park. River Rafting.
The hottest destination for Indian families trying to escape blistering summer heat? Pahalgam, in Kashmir. 2016 has been the best tourism year since a long time!
CHECK THE LINKS IN BLOGROLL SECTION BELOW (ON THE LEFT) FOR DETAILED INFORMATION ON PAHALGAM. ALTERNATIVELY, YOU CAN GO TO THE OLD VERSION OF THIS SITE HERE
- Have your own experiences to share? Wish to contribute on this site with write ups on Pahalgam and Kashmir? You are welcome to join – register here. (No comments of personal nature, please!)
If you would call Kashmir one of the most beautiful places on Earth, you would picture the lakes and gardens of Srinagar, the flora and slopes of Gulmarg
Pahalgam is situated at an altitude of 2,133 metres amidst lofty deodars, fir, pine, junipers and many other conifers. The place gets lively during the tourist months of the summer, as well as during the weeks before the Amarnath Yatra, as the base for a big annual pilgrimage to a cave of an ‘ice-lingam’.
There is something about the pure and re-vitalizing air of Pahalgam. Perhaps dense pine and cedar forests make it oxygen rich. Limited accessibility combined with limited telecom connectivity make it an ideal getaway from the grind of daily life and professional stress.
The town is at the junction of the Aru and Sheshnag Rivers and surrounded by soaring, fir-covered mountains with bare, snow-capped peaks rising behind them. The Aru flows down from the Kolahoi glacier beyond Lidderwat while the Sheshnag from glaciers along the great Himalayas.
Here you can check for details on travel to Pahalgam, Airline Deals and Tickets, Hotel bookings, history of Kashmir, kashmir map, kashmir shaivism, kashmir goat, kashmir sapphire, kashmir picture, kashmir tourism, kashmir music, etc.
- Pahalgam active in Azadi movement for the first time - Kashmir Reader
- Horse riding business takes a hit due to unrest in Kashmir Valley - Financial Express
- Army Refutes Claim That It Brutally Killed 13 Horses in Kashmir - The Quint
- #Day82: Sgr, Islamabad, Pulwama, Baramulla DCs Hold Meetings - Kashmir Life
- Kashmir Tourism Has Lost Rs. 3000 Crore During Unrest - NDTV